These Terms of Sale, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which Timber and Firewood products is sold by Us to consumers through this website, https://www.nordwoodtimber.co.uk/ (“Our Website”). Please read these Terms of Sale carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any Timber or Firewood products from Our website. You will be required to read and accept these Terms of Sale when ordering from our website. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to order Timber or Firewood through our website. These Terms of Sale, as well as any and all Contracts are in the English language only.
- Nord Wood Timber Ltd – registered in England under 11404406, whose main trading address is 59 Devons Road, London, United Kingdom, E3 3DW. Our website – NordWoodTimber.co.uk
Access to and Use of Our website
- Access to Our website is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our website.
- Access to Our website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our website (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our website (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Use of Our website is subject to our Website Terms Terms and Conditions. Please ensure that you have read them carefully and that you understand them.
- Consumers may only purchase Timber materials or Firewood through Our website if they are at least 18 years of age.
- At this moment we only sell to customers in the United Kingdom. We do not accept orders from, or deliver to, customers outside the United Kingdom.
Timber & Firewood, Pricing and Availability
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of Timber and Firewood available from Us correspond to the actual Firewood. Please note, however, the following:
1.1 Images of Firewood are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions;
1.2 Due to the nature of the Timber and Firewood sold through Our website, there may be variance in the colour, size, dimensions and measurements between the actual Timber or Firewood and the description.
1.3 Whilst we season our logs, kiln dry them, thereby removing all moisture content, some whitish grey marks of mould may be present on the wood. This is not the evidence of any live mould but merely markings on the wood.
1.4 Occasionally there is some sparking and spitting within the wood during burning. Additionally, as with all dense hardwoods, initially fire may be hard to start.
1.5 Firewood by its very nature is an imprecise product. We do everything we can to ensure our product meets and exceeds the above specification, nevertheless a tolerance of 4-5% should be applied to all of the specifications indicated in all our marketing literature.
- We cannot guarantee that all types of Timber or Firewood will always be available. Stock indications are provided on Our website; however, such indications may not always be accurate as orders are being taken continuously.
- Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to timber and firewood we stock, between the time your Order is placed and Us processing that Order and dispatching the product. However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the Timber or Firewood, suitable information will be provided to you.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our website are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed
- All prices are checked by Us before We accept your Order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, We will contact you in writing to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your Order, we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your Order. If the correct price is higher, We will give you the option to purchase the Timber or Firewood at the correct price or to cancel your Order (or the affected part of it). We will not proceed with processing your Order in this case until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 3 business days, We will treat your Order as cancelled and notify you of this in writing.
- In the event that the price of Timber or Firewood you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that Order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on Our website at the time of placing your Order.
- All prices on Our website include 5% VAT. VAT on domestic solid fuel is levied at either the reduced rate (5%) or standard rate of VAT (20%). It is your responsibility to ensure that the VAT rate you use on your order is appropriate for your intended use. Nord Wood Timber LTD will not be held responsible for the incorrect application of a VAT rate by a customer. For full details please follow to HMRC; notice 701/19. If the VAT rate changes between your Order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
- Our website will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your Order, you will be given the opportunity to review your Order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
- If, during the order process, you provide Us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact Us as soon as possible. If We are unable to process your Order due to incorrect or incomplete information, We will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of Our request, We will cancel your Order and treat the Contract as being at an end. If We incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information, We may pass those costs on to you.
- No part of Our website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending you an Order Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you an Order Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Us and you.
- Order Confirmations shall contain the following information: Your Order Number, Confirmation of the Timber or Firewood ordered, Fully itemised pricing for the Timber or Firewood ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges,
- In the unlikely event that We do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order for any reason, We will explain why in writing. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 business days.
- Any refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Timber or Firewood unless you specifically request that We make a refund using a different method.
- Payment for Timber or Firewood and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process.
- At this moment we accept only bank transfer payment method.
Delivery, Risk and Ownership
- All timber purchased through Our website will normally be delivered within 5 working days or as indicated by the date stipulated in the Order Confirmation, unless otherwise agreed or specified during the Order process.
- The contract between Nord Wood Timber LTD and the customer will be deemed to be fulfilled on delivery of your order in good condition. Where the order is not delivered in good condition, the contract between Nord Wood Timber and the customer will be deemed to be fulfilled, upon receipt by the customer, of any refund due to them, as a function of the customer having notified Nord Wood Timber of any damage to the order, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The goods will be considered to be delivered in a fit state where you, the customer, have signed the delivery note confirming the safe delivery of the order.
- Please note that when placing an order you “The customer” should be aware of your timber delivery. Thus if our driver won’t find anyone at the address on the delivery day he will leave your purchased lengths (Your Order) somewhere safe next to your door (In front of your garage or next to your doorstep for example).
- Where the customer has waived their right to inspect the state of goods by requesting delivery without a signature, the contract will be deemed complete, regardless of the actual state of goods.
- We use a 3rd party carrier to deliver all our orders. Any liability arising from the delivery process lies strictly with the carrier.
- All pallet firewood deliveries are delivered to the kerb-side. While our delivery company will normally go to great lengths to ensure that your delivery is placed where you require it, the contract between yourself and Nord Wood Timber includes delivery to kerb-side only. Please ensure that you have the means to move the pallet(s) and their goods from the kerb-side to a suitable storage location. Please visit our delivery page to see the required access conditions for deliveries.
- Standard Economy Delivery – Orders placed on a standard delivery basis for delivery within mainland England and Wales will typically arrive on the third or fifthworking day, including the day of dispatch. Exclusions applies, for full details please visit our delivery page.
- Nord Wood Timber is unable to accept and fulfill any specific delivery date requested in the delivery comment notes. Where a customer requests delivery on a specific day in the delivery notes we will pass this request on to the hauliers, but the order will still be delivered as per our standard terms for that delivery service. Where a delivery is made contrary to the request in the delivery notes with respect to a specified day of delivery, Nord WoodTimber will entertain no liability for failing to comply with that request.
- It is your solely responsibility to ensure that there is suitable access to the delivery place. Where a delivery is attempted but is unable to complete due to a lack of access that you could have reasonably been expected to anticipate, we will charge a re-delivery fee of at least £40 + VAT + surcharges if applicable.
- Nord Wood Timber disclaims all liability from any damage and or death to any property and or person that may occur during the delivery process. Any liability for any damages that may occur during the delivery process lie strictly with our haulier.
- Free delivery means delivery costs are included in the final price.
- Free delivery applies to some selected postcodes only.
- Surcharges apply to ‘non free delivery postcodes’.
- Ownership of the Timber or Firewood passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Firewood
- By law, We must provide timber products that is of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided, and that match any samples that you have seen or examined (unless We have made you aware of any differences). If any Timber or Firewood you purchased does not comply and, for example, is severely damaged when you receive it, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) Firewood, please contact Us in email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as reasonably possible to inform Us of the fault, damage or error.
Cancelling and Returning Firewood if You Change Your Mind
- If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason. This period begins once your Order is complete and We have sent you your Order Confirmation, i.e. when the Contract between you and Us is formed. You may also cancel for any reason before We send the Order Confirmation.
- You do not need to give any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay a penalty.
- To cancel your contract, you must contact us in writing by sending an email to email@example.com
- Where goods have already been dispatched, they must be returned in perfect condition, unused and in the original packaging.
- If you cancel your contract with us, you are responsible for returning the goods and covering any expenses incurred in doing so. You will receive a full refund within 30 days of cancelling your order, minus a maximum of £40 for restocking fee, which will be a true representation of our losses.
- If you wish to return the products because they are faulty, you will receive a full refund within 30 days of returning your order, and you will not be charged a restocking fee. You need to provide reasonable evidence that you received goods which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. Acceptable evidence with the photographs should be sent in email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve Our Timber and Firewood and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
- Please ensure that you return Timber or Firewood to Us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you have informed Us that you wish to cancel under this Clause
- Refunds under this Clause 11 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the following: The day on which We receive the Firewood back; or the day on which you inform Us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the Firewood back; or if We are collecting the Timber or Firewood, the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel the Contract; or If We have not yet provided an Order Confirmation or have not yet dispatched the Firewood, the day on which you inform Us that you wish to cancel the Contract.
- Refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Firewood unless you specifically request that We make a refund using a different method.
Our Liability to Consumers
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of Our breach of these Terms of Sale (or the Contract) or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- We make no warranty or representation that the Timber and Firewood is fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, severe weather, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
- If any event described occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms: We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible; We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay; To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, Our affected obligations under these Terms (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly; We will inform you when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Firewood as necessary; If the event outside of Our control continues for more than 30 business days We will cancel the Contract and inform you of the cancellation.
- Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 business days of the date on which the Contract is cancelled.
Communication and Contact Details
- If you wish to contact Us with general questions or complaints, you may contact Us by email at email@example.com
Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
How We Use Your Personal Information (General Data Protection Regulation)
- All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- We may use your personal information to: Provide Our services to you; Process your Order (including payment) for the Firewood; and / or inform you of new products available from Us (if you opt or have previously opted to receive it). You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
- Certain parts of Our website (including the ability to purchase goods from Us) may require an Account in order to access them.
- You may not create an Account if you are under 18 years of age.
- When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- We recommend that you choose a strong password for your Account, consisting of a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your Account.
- You must not use anyone else’s Account without the express permission of the User to whom the Account belongs.
- If you wish to close your Account, you may do so at any time. Closing your Account will result in the removal of your information. Closing your Account will also remove access to any areas of Our website requiring an Account for access.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All Content included on Our website and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content from Our website unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our website (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
- You may not use any Content printed, saved or downloaded from Our website for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our website for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes the fair dealing provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
- Nothing on Our website constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our website will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure. If, as a result of Our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from Our website damages your device or other digital content belonging to you, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our website is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date. Please note that this exception does not apply to information concerning goods for sale through Our website. Please refer to Our Terms of Sale for more information.
- We are not responsible for the content or accuracy, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in User Content. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant User and do not reflect Our opinions, views, or values in any way.
- The provisions apply only to the use of Our website and not to the sale of goods, which is governed separately by Our Terms.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any User for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our website or the use of or reliance upon any Content (including User Content) included on Our website.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our website or any Content included on Our website.
- If you are a business owner, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our website is free from viruses and other malware. However, We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our website (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our website.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us filling this contact form